The Hague is the international city of peace and justice and the third largest city in the Netherlands. It is also the official seat of the Crown and government, home to hundreds of international organisations and multinationals and one of the world’s top three UN cities.
City of Peace and Justice
The Hague is a true place of deliberation and sets the perfect setting for high level conferences and business events.The Peace Palace has become an icon of international justice. In fact, the city has conferencing and high-level decision making in its DNA. It is no exaggeration to state that decisions made in The Hague affect the entire world and the whole of humanity. The Hague’s international orientation makes it a highly attractive location for all types of businesses and organisations.
The modern conference tradition sees its origin in the first international peace conference that took place here in 1899. Since then, numerous organisations, institutions and corporations have come to The Hague to facilitate outcome. Nowadays The Hague draws a broad spectrum of conferences and business events in the fields of law, science, technology, life sciences, and energy.
The city boasts a huge range of quite unique venues. From former city palaces and iconic seaside hotels to Holland’s largest seated auditorium, The Hague offers conference and meeting organisers a variety of great possibilities. The Hague also has some 9,000 hotel rooms in all price categories, including key international brands such as Hilton, Accor, Starwood, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn.
Why The Hague?
The Hague has a well established reputation as an attractive city based on its cultural heritage, its status as a royal city, and its beach and coastline.
- The city benefits from a good reputation as a “meeting destination that works”, with a dedicated convention facility, good range of hotels and easy logistics.
- The city is safe and reliable which enables it to handle a large variety of events;
- The Hague has good international air-connectivity through Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and through Rotterdam-The Hague Airport;
- There are rich and varied tourism and cultural opportunities for pre- and post- touring;
- The Hague is the “International City of Peace and Justice”, and world renowned institutions are present in the city.